?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Jun. 25th, 2017

 I finished attaching the bertha to the bodice on Friday morning. Initially, i thought I was done, but I realized I need to add some hooks and eyes where the bertha overlaps, and then I'll be done.

Yesterday, I tried on my first 17th c gown, which I made for my first CoCo gala in 2011, since I still have the pattern from it, and I'm hoping it will work as a base for Elizabeth Swann. It was a little large, but I think by taking in the bodice 2" and tweaking the neckline so that it's not to off-the-shoulder, the pattern will work. I haven't been able to work on it this weekend, because I was bitten by a ton of mosquitos on Friday night, and my foot has been hugely swollen, so I've been spending all my time at home icing it. Also, it's been insanely hot (today it got up to 99), and there is no ac anywhere here (including in my car), so other than the costuming event yesterday (which I will write about later) and my performances this weekend, I've been trying to do nothing. 

Latest Month

February 2018
S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728   

Tags

Powered by LiveJournal.com