?

Log in

Previous Entry | Next Entry

The beginnings of Elizabeth Swann

I made a lot of progress on my Elizabeth Swann bodice today. I hadn't had a chance to try on the mockup before I went away for the weekend, so this morning I tried it on, made a few minor tweak (mostly to the straps), and took it apart to use as a pattern. And my tweaks were so minor, I was able to use my mockup for flatlining! So anyway, I cut out all the pieces in the faux dupioni, including two layers of it for the front, and I also cut the front out of the underskirt fabric (which meant that first, I had to check an approximate hem, and hack off the extra length so that I'd have fabric to cut it out of!). 

Then I realized I had no black lace, which I also needed for a bodice front layer, since the inside of the front part that hangs open appears to be the burgundy with lace over it. Luckily, Joanns was open today, so I headed off to my nearer Joanns, and then the farther Joanns as well, for black lace and the various trims I need for the bodice and skirt. Unfortunately, they didn't have any frogs that looked right, but I think I will be able to make those on my embroidery machine, since they don't really have to be functional. 

Once I got home, I started assembling all the bodice pieces, and when they were all together, I moved on to trimming. At this point, the bodice needs the bias binding around the bottom to be turned and handsewn, and it needs sleeves. Once the sleeves are on, I can finish doing the trim that goes over the shoulder, and I can add the frogs (after I make them). Then it will be on to the skirt. 

I have no idea if I'm called for rehearsal tomorrow or Thurs. I'm really hoping I'm not, because I'd love to at least knock the sleeves out this week. 


Latest Month

July 2017
S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     
Powered by LiveJournal.com