February 23rd, 2011

(no subject)

I know I haven't updated in a few days, but it's been super crazy with tech week for my show. Anyway, I was off today, so I (thought) I finished up the chemise. The neckline and sleeve edges are knife pleated, with the neckline simply turned under and sewn, and the sleeves ending in ruched cuffs. Somehow, though, once I put the stays on, I realized the chemise is still 4" too big around the neck. I honestly think at this point, I'm just going to sew a tuck on either side near the armpits, since there's no way I'm going to undo all the pleats for a second time (last time, I took in about 17").

But I tried on the full ensemble as it stands tonight. I still haven't bound the front bottom edge of the bodice, but I'll have all my afternoons and evenings free starting on Thurs (opening day!). Also, I've decided to add a swag of gathered muslin around the neckline, since it just feels a little too low and barren for my tastes.