May 10th, 2011

Floral Polonaise progress

I was able to do the bulk of the gown yesterday. All it needs now is for everything to be pressed, and to add the sleeves. And I'm in the middle of putting in 12 hooks and eyes down the front of the bodice. I've also started pleating the petticoat, but I have to do actual sewing "work" tomorrow, so I probably won't get any of my personal stuff done.

So here's some pics!


I stitched down the en fourreau pleats by hand, which took about 6 hours (feels like as long as it took to make this post cooperate), but the rest I did by machine, so it went together pretty quickly.