June 13th, 2011

Lots of Lace

I bought something like 70 yds of lace from shop.ebay.com/gr8cloz/m.html last week, and the 7" ecru lace was so perfect for the bottom of my Edwardian gown that I decided to tea dye the rest of the lace I needed to match. It was sort of a trial and error production, so I figured I would post my how-to for anyone else who needs some help.  I'll update sometime later with pictures.

Collapse )



I have also finished cutting out all the pieces for my early Edwardian skirt, and hope to have them assembled by tonight. And I'm starting another 18th c petticoat to wear with my floral polonaise - this time it will be in burgundy quilting cotton (to match the belt), with a ruffle around the hem. I found  a straw hat at Michaels for a few dollars, and I plan to use some of the burgundy to make one of the 1780s poofy hats. Hopefully all the 18th c stuff will be done by Friday, since I want to wear it to the Norcal Pirate Fest in Vallejo on Saturday.

And I went to the FabMo distribution on Thursday, and came out with some lovely fabrics that will be perfect for mitts, muffs, bags, and maybe even some hats. But all of that will have to wait until after the PEERS Alameda Picnic in August, when I have more time.