After my gig yesterday evening, I managed to come home and sew for the rest of the night. Actually, I stayed up way too late, and am regretting that today, but I wanted to get to a good stopping point, and apparently that meant sewing until midnight (and I wake up at 6:25).
Anyway, I managed to knock off a fair amount of my list. I started with the day bodice sleeve trim. At this point, it's almost entirely done. One sleeve is 100% done. The other sleeve just needs the lace ruffle sewn in (it's already pinned in place). I also sewed down the lace trim at the back of the neckline. That means all I have left on the day bodice is the lace sleeve ruffle and making and attaching two bows!
Then I moved on to the evening bodice. I added the rest of the hooks onto the front closure, so I just need to do bars there. And I figured out my trimming! I took the fine net that is over the sleeves and added a 4" wide ruched section to the bodice front, and then over that is a 2" wide strip that is heavily gathered down the middle. This strip goes all the way around the neckline, curving around to be over the 4" wide net at the bust. This has all been pinned in place, and I started sewing down the 4" strip this morning, though I still have a long way to go on it. Naturally, all of it has to be handsewn. Once that is all done, this bodice just needs a bow at the CF.
Go to my instagram for a pic of the evening bodice.
So here's my to-do list now, in the order that I plan to do it. I hope to accomplish at least the first four items today:
- Stitch down two layers of net trims to FG evening bodice
- Stitch the lace to the one sleeve end in FG day bodice
- Put 10 bars on the FG evening bodice closure
- Finish the other 12 or so pleat edges on the FG skirt trim
- Make and attach the 7 bows that go on FG. Plus two for my shoes if time and fabric allows
- Bustle tapes for FG overskirt
- Make a belt for FG
- Add decorative buttons to the front of the plaid skirt
- Decorate a hat to wear with the plaid bustle outfit
- Re-decorate my old candy bustle hat to wear with FG day bodice
- Try everything on and pack!